EidolonHost monitors various Spam blacklists, such as
Spamcop, Spamhaus, and the like. We also ensure that each server has
extensive anti-spam capabilities enabled to ensure that each servers
are not blacklisted. However, if any of our IP space is blacklisted,
your account will be suspended once, then terminated if repeated spam
occurrences are found to have been coming from your account.
There is a 500 outgoing email hourly limit per domain. This limit is also applied towards Mailman. If you send over this amount in any hour, most of the e-mails will bounce back with an undeliverable error. If this occurs, it will then take some time for your account to be able to send again so we recommend waiting at least 1 hour after this issue occurs to begin sending email again.
Many of our servers have a limit of 30 POP3/IMAP checks per hour per IP address. If you go over this you're likely to get a wrong password error message or an error stating "login incorrect". If this occurs, please wait an hour and it will automatically unblock you. To prevent this from happening again, please make sure to disable auto checking or at least set it to something higher such as once every 10 minutes.
Any mailing list larger than 5,000 addresses will require a dedicated hosting solution from us. Note: Dividing one large list into smaller lists to get below this limit is not allowed.
There is also a limit to the number of Mailman mailing lists permitted as follows (NOTE: This does not apply to other mailing list programs such as PHPList. This only applies to Mailman.)
Personal package: 5 Mailman mailing lists
Professional package: 15 Mailman mailing lists
Business package: 20 Mailman mailing lists
Enterprise package: 25 Mailman mailing lists
Reseller and Dedicated packages: Unlimited number of Mailman mailing lists. We recommend you set limits that comply with our Mail Policy, however.
Mail List Rules
1. Any time you're sending a message, no matter how large your e-mail list is, you must throttle it. We recommend you throttle it to at the very least sending one (1) email every eight (8) seconds. (Sending one (1) every eight (8) seconds would send four hundred and fifty (450) emails within one (1) hour, keeping you below the five hundred (500) outgoing email limit.)
If the mailing list software you're using does not allow you to throttle, you MUST switch to an application or script that will. We recommend PHPList, which can be found in either your cPanel or InterWorx hosting account, under Softaculous. IMPORTANT: If you do not throttle and you try sending five hundred (500) emails, the server will try sending all five hundred (500) in one (1) second which is not possible on our Shared and Reseller servers.
This will cause a very high load on the server and the entire server will be sluggish, potentially affecting your sites and service, until this sending process is completed. It is our job to keep the server up and running without being sluggish or experiencing issues. Anyone who causes the server's load to go high and/or crash the server will be suspended and the process will be terminated. If you choose not to throttle, you will most likely be suspended and/or terminated for crashing the server.
2. Any mailing list over nine hundred (900) email addresses is only allowed to be sent to during off-peak times to prevent high server loads. Off peak times qualify as all day Saturday and Sunday, and 1AM - 8AM Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
3. The list must be a Double Opt-In list. This means a user has subscribed for a newsletter or other email marketing messages by explicitly requesting it and confirming the email address to be their own.
Confirmation is usually done by responding to a notification/confirmation email sent to the email address the end user specified. The double opt-in method eliminates the chance of abuse where somebody submits someone else's email address without their knowledge and against their will.
You will not be permitted to mail any mailing list that you were given or purchased. In doing so, this will also be considered spamming and may result in suspension or termination of the offending account. Your account will be terminated if you're found to be repeatedly spamming, after the first notification.
4. Any unsolicited e-mail being sent will result in suspension or termination of the offending account. We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail and other forms of spam.
5. Any mailling list MUST comply with all guidelines set forth by the United States government. We're referring to the CAN-SPAM Act, which can be found at: CAN-SPAM Act Requirements for E-mail providers. (CAN-SPAM Act... an aptly named piece of legislation in our opinion.) This affects everyone that decides to provide a Mail List or decide to host e-mail, as either a Shared or Reseller customer.
Virtual Private Server, Dedicated Server and Colocation customers should follow the CAN-SPAM act as well, if they also provide e-mail as a service to their customers.
6. No direct SMTP mailers are allowed. An example of this would be a Darkmailer or The Bat!. Any mail should be sent through the local mail server/MTA for further delivery by the server and not done directly by scripts.
Questions? Comments? If so, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: MAIL POLICY